Friday, March 1, 2013

MorningStar Farms Tomato and Basil Pizza Burgers Review

 


When BzzAgent offered me the opportunity to review a MorningStar Farms product, I was a bit underwhelmed. We are pretty big meat eaters here and I had tried a few different brands of veggie burgers throughout the years that didn't appeal to me at all. I went in with an open mind, and my fiance picked up a box of the Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers. Unfortunately they contain mushrooms which I'm allergic to, so I left it up to him to be my guinea pig on this one. We grilled them on our George Foreman grill (can't wait for grilling season!), and I was impressed by the great grill lines-they actually looked like real burgers. They were starting to smell amazing by this point, and I really wished I could have had a taste. 



Grilled to perfection!



My fiance loaded them up with red onions, lettuce, tomato and cheese..if I didn't know better I would think this was one of his famous cheeseburgers! He said the taste was actually not bad..while it didn't exactly taste like beef, it was pretty good and would be a great option for anyone looking to cut back on calories while still enjoying their favorite meals. MorningStar Farms burgers can contain as much as 74% less fat than your average burger! Of course it's also a great way for vegetarians to get some added protein. They have a great selection of meatless products to try, from burgers to "chicken" nuggets. Give them a try and let me know what you think!






Disclaimer: BzzAgent provided me with this product so that I could write an honest review. All opinions expressed are completely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment