Friday, March 1, 2013

CVS Mini-Haul

I had a CVS gift card, some Extra Care Bucks, and a few coupons to use so I picked up several new things at CVS. I love not paying full price! My first impressions on the new loot:

L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black
I'm waiting until I finish up my current mascara (Covergirl Lash Blast) to try this one out..it seems like my friends either love it or hate it, so we'll see!

L'Oreal Million Lashes in Carbon Black
HG..this is one of my all time favorites. The waterproof version just does not budge, it's amazing. No flakes or smudging either. It's a little trickier to remove, but so worth it. Plus the gold tube is just so luxe!

Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Light
I didn't really know what to expect from this..is it a highlighter? Is it an all over luminizer? The pearls are so cute but I was surprised that this one looked darker than the one for medium skin. The silver compact feels kind of bulky and cheap, and of course the brush is useless (when are companies going to figure that one out?). I'm running low on my beloved MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle and thought this might be a suitable product to fill the gap before I can pick up a new one. When I swiped it on my wrist, I was pleasantly surprised to see there was no chunky glitter or obvious shimmer, just a slight bronze sheen. I use it on my forehead, cheeks, chin and Cupid's bow and have been loving the subtle "glow" it gives. I'm not giving up my MAC anytime soon, but I was pretty happy with this.

Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio
This is gorgeous! Definitely can see this becoming my "get out the door fast" eye. Very happy with the pigment and staying power of these.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush
A great pinky nude, and really moisturizing. Keeping this in my purse. I'm also eyeing up Pin Up Peach, but the display at CVS was practically ripped bare. 

Essie Turquoise and Caicos
Beautiful mint green. I can see me living in this once summer comes!

Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Showgirl Chic
These are amazing. I have the gold shade as well (Big Money) and love them for doing glitter tips. This one is silver with blue sparkles, it will look so good paired with the Turquoise and Caicos.






0 comments:

Post a Comment