Thursday, May 9, 2013

Actifry, Landscaping, and Shopping

Things have been so busy! Bill has been working super long hours with the business, we're in the process of adopting a puppy, landscaping our yard, and planning a wedding! I'm just thankful that the farmhouse is finished otherwise I would be going crazy. Just when we think we can finally relax, something else pops up. I guess that's what keeps life interesting though!

One of my new favorite toys is the T-fal Actifry. It's a cooker that lets you fry foods with a minimum amount of oils. I only used a Tbsp of oil for two pounds of fresh cut fries. I can't wait to use this for stirfry, potato wedges, crispy veggies, and even desserts-there's a recipe for ice wine fruit compote in the booklet that looks amazing! The fries came out great..I cut them super thin so they would get crispy, but I think next time I would leave them a little thicker since they got more like shoestring potatoes. My fiance loved them!



Our pond with the mist rolling over it..we love sitting down there at night and listening to the chorus of frogs and toads

Our yard is finally starting to look like, well...a yard!! We planted a few flowering plums, white birch, weeping hemlocks and pines, a weeping larch, flowering cherries, and this beautiful weeping redbud. The pink flowers are so pretty, it's one of my favorite things that we planted so far. We plan to take a trip down to Conestoga and Black Creek Greenhouses in the next week to buy a few more plants to fill in our rock border. I'll have to post pictures when the patio is finally in. Having friends over by our fire pit for drinks on our new patio for the first time will be amazing!


I had to include a picture of these cute new slippers..they were at Steve Madden on clearance for $9.99!


I will have to post pictures of the rest of my makeup haul, but one of the standouts was this Physician's Formula Glow Boosting Airbrushing Bronzing Veil..it's just so pretty and makes my skin glow! A new summer staple. What summer beauty essentials have you discovered recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment