Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our New Chickens!!

I still can't believe we actually have chickens! I'm a city girl so having chickens running around the yard is something I never anticipated. Bill and I have been researching and talking to people to get as much info as we can find. The people at Marzen's were incredibly helpful, as well as the folks at Country Junction where we finally picked up them up. We got two each of the Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Silver Laced Wyandottes, and the Americaucanas (these are the ones who lay the pretty colored Easter eggs!). I love their funky green feet. 


This Silver Laced Wyandotte almost escaped! Chickens are a lot faster than I thought!


Bringing them home (9/21/12)


Exploring their new coop 






I threw a few crabapples in there but they seemed more interested in their feeder!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like your new babies are settling into their new home quite nicely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! They are really cute. I also have chickens in my backyard.
    Love the eggs. Nice share. Thanks a lot for the photos you shared.

    Alice @ MyCamperTrailer

    ReplyDelete